Full Teen Parent Taught Driver's Education Program
HURRY! SALE ENDS SOON:
Students may begin the program once parents have requested a parent taught driver education program guide.
Once this has occurred, students log into their accounts at http://www.xlr8drivingschool.com, print off “For our Parents” instructions and the “Activity Book”. These documents should be placed in a folder and kept nearby while students are participating in Driver’s Education! Students should then click on Module 1. They participate in the readings and activities. Upon completion of Module 1, parents should log the date. Students may begin each new module no earlier than the following day. Parents will begin recording grades after Module 1C. There will be quizzes at the end of Modules 1C-12. There are adaptations or modifications present within this program:
- Throughout each module, students will participate in “Check for Understanding” quizzes. These quizzes are simply present to ensure understanding of smaller components of the lessons. If students score less than 70%, XLR8 Driving School recommends that students revisit the preceding mini-lesson.
- Text-to-Speak options are available on nearly every slide. Students may have pages read and re-read to ensure concept understanding.
- Extra time – students have up to a year to complete the work necessary to obtain their license!
- Added white space – fonts are larger and more “white space” have been included to help so many students avoid overwhelming feelings too often associated with typical programs
The XLR8 online modules should not be completed in less than 16 calendar days.
We take helping your child learn to drive very seriously. We want to share some information that might be helpful during the next 6 months to 1 year that your student will be spending with us learning to drive.
Students will participate in Modules 1-12 online. Once students have completed Module 1A, B, and C, they can take the handbook test online with us! Students will be emailed their completion certificates (DE 964) by next business day. Students do have the option to receive their certificates without testing but will need to email us at email@example.com to request the form. Students can then take that certificate along with the following items to their local DPS office to test for their Learner’s License or Driving Permit.
- Initial DE-964
- Certified copy of student’s birth certificate
- Original Social Security Card
- VOE (Verification of Enrollment in school. You can request this form from your high school office.
- 2 Proofs for Residency (30-90 days old; ex: electric bill, water bill, insurance card, voter registration card, CHL). The bills should have the name of the parent taking them to the DPS to get their permit.
- Application Fee
Once your child has obtained their learner’s license/permit, they may legally begin driving practice with someone 21 years or older who has had a license for a minimum of 1 year. They will drive with you, the parent for their 14 hours of instruction. Once the permit is obtained they may begin XLR8 behind-the-wheel.
To begin the behind the wheel phase of driver’s education, parents should print off the behind the wheel booklets and documents. One booklet contains the XLR8 curriculum and the other is a supplemental document to aide in completing the state required 30 hours of additional drive times. The documents must be filled out prior to taking the driver’s license test.
A DE964 completion certificate will be emailed to you. You must notify XLR8 Driving School if your email address changes.